Jul 25, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Domonic Brown sat out yesterday’s game due to post-concussion symptoms after banging his head on the ground while attempting a diving catch Tuesday and today the Phillies placed him on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
It’s another unfortunate development in a season full of them for the Phillies, as Brown was one of the team’s biggest bright spots while hitting .271 with 24 homers and an .847 OPS in his first full season.
Typically when players go on the concussion disabled list they end up missing more than seven days–and often significantly more–but hopefully Brown’s recovery from a brain injury the exception.
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 27
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 61
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 113
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)