Jul 25, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Domonic Brown sat out yesterday’s game due to post-concussion symptoms after banging his head on the ground while attempting a diving catch Tuesday and today the Phillies placed him on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
It’s another unfortunate development in a season full of them for the Phillies, as Brown was one of the team’s biggest bright spots while hitting .271 with 24 homers and an .847 OPS in his first full season.
Typically when players go on the concussion disabled list they end up missing more than seven days–and often significantly more–but hopefully Brown’s recovery from a brain injury the exception.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)