Jul 25, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Domonic Brown sat out yesterday’s game due to post-concussion symptoms after banging his head on the ground while attempting a diving catch Tuesday and today the Phillies placed him on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
It’s another unfortunate development in a season full of them for the Phillies, as Brown was one of the team’s biggest bright spots while hitting .271 with 24 homers and an .847 OPS in his first full season.
Typically when players go on the concussion disabled list they end up missing more than seven days–and often significantly more–but hopefully Brown’s recovery from a brain injury the exception.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)