Jul 25, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Domonic Brown sat out yesterday’s game due to post-concussion symptoms after banging his head on the ground while attempting a diving catch Tuesday and today the Phillies placed him on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
It’s another unfortunate development in a season full of them for the Phillies, as Brown was one of the team’s biggest bright spots while hitting .271 with 24 homers and an .847 OPS in his first full season.
Typically when players go on the concussion disabled list they end up missing more than seven days–and often significantly more–but hopefully Brown’s recovery from a brain injury the exception.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)