Jul 25, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Domonic Brown sat out yesterday’s game due to post-concussion symptoms after banging his head on the ground while attempting a diving catch Tuesday and today the Phillies placed him on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
It’s another unfortunate development in a season full of them for the Phillies, as Brown was one of the team’s biggest bright spots while hitting .271 with 24 homers and an .847 OPS in his first full season.
Typically when players go on the concussion disabled list they end up missing more than seven days–and often significantly more–but hopefully Brown’s recovery from a brain injury the exception.
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 0
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 12
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 97
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (97)