Jul 25, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Carlos Zambrano hasn’t pitched since being shut down in late June with a shoulder injury and the Phillies have released him from Triple-A.
Zambrano signed a minor-league deal with the Phillies in mid-May and seemed relatively close to making it back to the majors before the arm problems, starting seven total games in the minors with a 2.04 ERA.
However, his 30/17 K/BB ratio in 35 innings wasn’t as impressive as the nice-looking ERA and he likely wouldn’t have been an option for the Phillies until mid-August anyway.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)