Jul 25, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Carlos Zambrano hasn’t pitched since being shut down in late June with a shoulder injury and the Phillies have released him from Triple-A.
Zambrano signed a minor-league deal with the Phillies in mid-May and seemed relatively close to making it back to the majors before the arm problems, starting seven total games in the minors with a 2.04 ERA.
However, his 30/17 K/BB ratio in 35 innings wasn’t as impressive as the nice-looking ERA and he likely wouldn’t have been an option for the Phillies until mid-August anyway.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)