Jul 25, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Carlos Zambrano hasn’t pitched since being shut down in late June with a shoulder injury and the Phillies have released him from Triple-A.
Zambrano signed a minor-league deal with the Phillies in mid-May and seemed relatively close to making it back to the majors before the arm problems, starting seven total games in the minors with a 2.04 ERA.
However, his 30/17 K/BB ratio in 35 innings wasn’t as impressive as the nice-looking ERA and he likely wouldn’t have been an option for the Phillies until mid-August anyway.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 64
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 46
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)