Jul 25, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Carlos Zambrano hasn’t pitched since being shut down in late June with a shoulder injury and the Phillies have released him from Triple-A.
Zambrano signed a minor-league deal with the Phillies in mid-May and seemed relatively close to making it back to the majors before the arm problems, starting seven total games in the minors with a 2.04 ERA.
However, his 30/17 K/BB ratio in 35 innings wasn’t as impressive as the nice-looking ERA and he likely wouldn’t have been an option for the Phillies until mid-August anyway.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)