Jul 25, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Alex Rodriguez has become like Charles Foster Kane in Citizen Kane as he nears the end of his baseball life: In his castle, surrounded by riches, without allies, isolated.
Maybe. But it’s a pretty sweet castle. There were monkeys and giant fireplaces and rooms you could totally destroy in fits of rage which someone else would come clean up. I can think of worse ends.
In all seriousness, though, I do sometimes wonder what Rodriguez’s post playing career will look like. There are a few standard things ex-players fall into. The coaching track. The own car dealerships/pizza franchises track. Whatever the hell track Lenny Dykstra found himself on.
I guess owning lots of random businesses that he doesn’t operate while transitioning into aging Lothario status is the best bet. But I really don’t know.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 17
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)