Jul 26, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Brian Cashman probably wishes Bud Selig would STFU with all of these routine minor league suspensions and get with the business of solving his A-Rod problem. Oh well, maybe over the weekend.
Atlanta Braves Minor League right-handed pitcher Humberto Carpio has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. The suspension of Carpio, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Braves, is effective immediately.
Cincinnati Reds Minor League outfielder Yoel Noel has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for a metabolite of Nandrolone. The suspension of Noel, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Reds, is effective immediately.
The Dominican Summer League: the league that keeps on giving.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 40
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 75
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)