Jul 26, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Brian Cashman probably wishes Bud Selig would STFU with all of these routine minor league suspensions and get with the business of solving his A-Rod problem. Oh well, maybe over the weekend.
Atlanta Braves Minor League right-handed pitcher Humberto Carpio has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. The suspension of Carpio, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Braves, is effective immediately.
Cincinnati Reds Minor League outfielder Yoel Noel has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for a metabolite of Nandrolone. The suspension of Noel, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Reds, is effective immediately.
The Dominican Summer League: the league that keeps on giving.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)