Jul 26, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
Brian Cashman probably wishes Bud Selig would STFU with all of these routine minor league suspensions and get with the business of solving his A-Rod problem. Oh well, maybe over the weekend.
Atlanta Braves Minor League right-handed pitcher Humberto Carpio has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. The suspension of Carpio, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Braves, is effective immediately.
Cincinnati Reds Minor League outfielder Yoel Noel has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for a metabolite of Nandrolone. The suspension of Noel, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Reds, is effective immediately.
The Dominican Summer League: the league that keeps on giving.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 77
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 41
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (87)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)