Jul 26, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Brian Cashman probably wishes Bud Selig would STFU with all of these routine minor league suspensions and get with the business of solving his A-Rod problem. Oh well, maybe over the weekend.
Atlanta Braves Minor League right-handed pitcher Humberto Carpio has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. The suspension of Carpio, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Braves, is effective immediately.
Cincinnati Reds Minor League outfielder Yoel Noel has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for a metabolite of Nandrolone. The suspension of Noel, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Reds, is effective immediately.
The Dominican Summer League: the league that keeps on giving.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 11
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 63
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)