Jul 26, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Brian Cashman probably wishes Bud Selig would STFU with all of these routine minor league suspensions and get with the business of solving his A-Rod problem. Oh well, maybe over the weekend.
Atlanta Braves Minor League right-handed pitcher Humberto Carpio has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. The suspension of Carpio, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Braves, is effective immediately.
Cincinnati Reds Minor League outfielder Yoel Noel has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for a metabolite of Nandrolone. The suspension of Noel, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Reds, is effective immediately.
The Dominican Summer League: the league that keeps on giving.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)