Jul 26, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
Brian Wilson threw for an assemblage of scouts yesterday and Danny Knobler of CBS Sports.com says that the reviews are favorable:
“He looked good,” the scout said. “His fastball was 90-93 mph. [He's] not far away.”
It may be easier to list the teams that wouldn’t be at least mildly interested in what is, essentially, freely available bullpen talent. And his presence on the market may be frustrating for any out-of-contention team looking to peddle a reliever.
Off the top of my head I’d say Detroit, Atlanta, San Francisco and Pittsburgh would all have at least some interest. Knobler says scouts from the Pirates, Diamondbacks, A’s, Giants, Phillies, Rangers, Rockies and Cardinals were in attendance at Wilson’s audition.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 7
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 129
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 27
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39