Jul 26, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
Brian Wilson threw for an assemblage of scouts yesterday and Danny Knobler of CBS Sports.com says that the reviews are favorable:
“He looked good,” the scout said. “His fastball was 90-93 mph. [He's] not far away.”
It may be easier to list the teams that wouldn’t be at least mildly interested in what is, essentially, freely available bullpen talent. And his presence on the market may be frustrating for any out-of-contention team looking to peddle a reliever.
Off the top of my head I’d say Detroit, Atlanta, San Francisco and Pittsburgh would all have at least some interest. Knobler says scouts from the Pirates, Diamondbacks, A’s, Giants, Phillies, Rangers, Rockies and Cardinals were in attendance at Wilson’s audition.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)