Jul 26, 2013, 8:53 AM EST
Brian Wilson threw for an assemblage of scouts yesterday and Danny Knobler of CBS Sports.com says that the reviews are favorable:
“He looked good,” the scout said. “His fastball was 90-93 mph. [He's] not far away.”
It may be easier to list the teams that wouldn’t be at least mildly interested in what is, essentially, freely available bullpen talent. And his presence on the market may be frustrating for any out-of-contention team looking to peddle a reliever.
Off the top of my head I’d say Detroit, Atlanta, San Francisco and Pittsburgh would all have at least some interest. Knobler says scouts from the Pirates, Diamondbacks, A’s, Giants, Phillies, Rangers, Rockies and Cardinals were in attendance at Wilson’s audition.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)