Jul 26, 2013, 9:23 PM EDT
As first reported by Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, the Giants have acquired right-hander Guillermo Moscoso from the Cubs for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Moscoso has pitched for the Rangers, Athletics and Rockies in his four-year major league career. He had a decent 3.93 ERA, 1.30 WHIP and 94/47 K/BB ratio through 94 innings (17 starts) this season with the Cubs’ Triple-A affiliate based in Des Moines, Iowa.
Schulman suspects that the impetus for the deal was a desire for back-end starting pitching depth.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)