Jul 26, 2013, 9:23 PM EDT
As first reported by Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, the Giants have acquired right-hander Guillermo Moscoso from the Cubs for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Moscoso has pitched for the Rangers, Athletics and Rockies in his four-year major league career. He had a decent 3.93 ERA, 1.30 WHIP and 94/47 K/BB ratio through 94 innings (17 starts) this season with the Cubs’ Triple-A affiliate based in Des Moines, Iowa.
Schulman suspects that the impetus for the deal was a desire for back-end starting pitching depth.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)