Jul 26, 2013, 9:23 PM EDT
As first reported by Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, the Giants have acquired right-hander Guillermo Moscoso from the Cubs for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Moscoso has pitched for the Rangers, Athletics and Rockies in his four-year major league career. He had a decent 3.93 ERA, 1.30 WHIP and 94/47 K/BB ratio through 94 innings (17 starts) this season with the Cubs’ Triple-A affiliate based in Des Moines, Iowa.
Schulman suspects that the impetus for the deal was a desire for back-end starting pitching depth.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)