Jul 26, 2013, 9:23 PM EDT
As first reported by Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, the Giants have acquired right-hander Guillermo Moscoso from the Cubs for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Moscoso has pitched for the Rangers, Athletics and Rockies in his four-year major league career. He had a decent 3.93 ERA, 1.30 WHIP and 94/47 K/BB ratio through 94 innings (17 starts) this season with the Cubs’ Triple-A affiliate based in Des Moines, Iowa.
Schulman suspects that the impetus for the deal was a desire for back-end starting pitching depth.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)