Jul 26, 2013, 9:23 PM EDT
As first reported by Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, the Giants have acquired right-hander Guillermo Moscoso from the Cubs for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Moscoso has pitched for the Rangers, Athletics and Rockies in his four-year major league career. He had a decent 3.93 ERA, 1.30 WHIP and 94/47 K/BB ratio through 94 innings (17 starts) this season with the Cubs’ Triple-A affiliate based in Des Moines, Iowa.
Schulman suspects that the impetus for the deal was a desire for back-end starting pitching depth.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 21
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)