Jul 26, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Michael Morse has been out since May with a strained quadriceps, but the Mariners outfielder is rehabbing in the minors and just about ready to come off the disabled list.
Interim manager Robby Thompson described Morse as “champing at the bit” to return and Greg Johns of MLB.com reports that Morse could be back in the lineup as soon as this weekend.
Morse got off to a big start before cooling off considerably, hitting .251 with 11 homers and a .767 OPS in 56 games overall before going on the DL. Acquired from the Nationals in January as part of a big three-team deal with the A’s, he’s an impending free agent making $6.75 million.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 54
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 66
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)