Jul 26, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Michael Morse has been out since May with a strained quadriceps, but the Mariners outfielder is rehabbing in the minors and just about ready to come off the disabled list.
Interim manager Robby Thompson described Morse as “champing at the bit” to return and Greg Johns of MLB.com reports that Morse could be back in the lineup as soon as this weekend.
Morse got off to a big start before cooling off considerably, hitting .251 with 11 homers and a .767 OPS in 56 games overall before going on the DL. Acquired from the Nationals in January as part of a big three-team deal with the A’s, he’s an impending free agent making $6.75 million.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)