Jul 26, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Michael Morse has been out since May with a strained quadriceps, but the Mariners outfielder is rehabbing in the minors and just about ready to come off the disabled list.
Interim manager Robby Thompson described Morse as “champing at the bit” to return and Greg Johns of MLB.com reports that Morse could be back in the lineup as soon as this weekend.
Morse got off to a big start before cooling off considerably, hitting .251 with 11 homers and a .767 OPS in 56 games overall before going on the DL. Acquired from the Nationals in January as part of a big three-team deal with the A’s, he’s an impending free agent making $6.75 million.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)