Jul 26, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
From the Detroit Free Press comes word that Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera will miss a fourth straight game Friday due to lingering soreness in his left hip flexor. Don Kelly will get the start at third base and Matt Tuiasosopo will play left field as the American League Central-leading Tigers open a three-game set against the Phillies at Detroit’s Comerica Park.
Cabrera has reported some improvement in his hip and could be available to pinch-hit if he makes it through pregame batting practice. The Tigers, who enter play Friday with a three-game division lead over the Indians, aren’t going to rush him back until he’s discomfort-free.
Cabrera, 30, is batting .358/.454/.666 with 31 home runs and 96 RBI in 97 games this season.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)