Jul 26, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Omar Infante looked just about ready to come off the disabled list, but the Tigers second baseman suffered a setback with his injured ankle while rehabbing in the minors.
Tony Paul of the Detroit News reports that he left last night’s Single-A game early because of “continued soreness” in his ankle, with Infante saying afterward: “I’m feeling a lot of pain in my ankle right now. Real bad. Now when I’m walking, I feel pain.”
Infante has been out since taking the brunt of Colby Rasmus‘ takeout slide on July 3, but indicated after the setback that he might have tried to come back too soon. Whatever the case, it’ll likely be a while before he’s ready to rejoin Detroit’s lineup.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)