Jul 26, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
I don’t know if this a function of an angry populace thumbing its nose at the editorial board of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and it’s “get rid of Braun” jag or simply a matter of hardcore gangster types having a new anti-hero to celebrate, but it’s interesting:
Interesting from #Brewers COO Rick Schlesinger in the Milw J-S: Braun merchandise sales have actually increased since Monday.
— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) July 26, 2013
Wait, no one reads newspapers anymore and Ryan Braun wouldn’t be gangster even if put a hit out on that urine collector. So never mind.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 44
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 74
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)