Jul 26, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Somewhere Evan Grant is dancing with glee. Jon Heyman reports:
The Rangers are focused on outfielders at the moment, but they’ve talked at least internally about the possibility of trying to bring back former Rangers star Michael Young, according to sources.
Young is hitting .278/.342/.405 on the season, though it has been kind of up and down for him. Nice April, bad May, nice June. I figure in Texas he’d cover for the seriously ailing Lance Berkman at DH while filling in at first and wherever else because that’s his thing.
And if the Rangers, who are now three back of Oakland, snag Young and end up winning the division, you darn well he’ll get the credit for it even if he doesn’t play well. Because that’s his thing too.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 5
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)