Jul 26, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Somewhere Evan Grant is dancing with glee. Jon Heyman reports:
The Rangers are focused on outfielders at the moment, but they’ve talked at least internally about the possibility of trying to bring back former Rangers star Michael Young, according to sources.
Young is hitting .278/.342/.405 on the season, though it has been kind of up and down for him. Nice April, bad May, nice June. I figure in Texas he’d cover for the seriously ailing Lance Berkman at DH while filling in at first and wherever else because that’s his thing.
And if the Rangers, who are now three back of Oakland, snag Young and end up winning the division, you darn well he’ll get the credit for it even if he doesn’t play well. Because that’s his thing too.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)