Jul 26, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Somewhere Evan Grant is dancing with glee. Jon Heyman reports:
The Rangers are focused on outfielders at the moment, but they’ve talked at least internally about the possibility of trying to bring back former Rangers star Michael Young, according to sources.
Young is hitting .278/.342/.405 on the season, though it has been kind of up and down for him. Nice April, bad May, nice June. I figure in Texas he’d cover for the seriously ailing Lance Berkman at DH while filling in at first and wherever else because that’s his thing.
And if the Rangers, who are now three back of Oakland, snag Young and end up winning the division, you darn well he’ll get the credit for it even if he doesn’t play well. Because that’s his thing too.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 65
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 44
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)