Jul 26, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Somewhere Evan Grant is dancing with glee. Jon Heyman reports:
The Rangers are focused on outfielders at the moment, but they’ve talked at least internally about the possibility of trying to bring back former Rangers star Michael Young, according to sources.
Young is hitting .278/.342/.405 on the season, though it has been kind of up and down for him. Nice April, bad May, nice June. I figure in Texas he’d cover for the seriously ailing Lance Berkman at DH while filling in at first and wherever else because that’s his thing.
And if the Rangers, who are now three back of Oakland, snag Young and end up winning the division, you darn well he’ll get the credit for it even if he doesn’t play well. Because that’s his thing too.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 72
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (139)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)