Jul 26, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Somewhere Evan Grant is dancing with glee. Jon Heyman reports:
The Rangers are focused on outfielders at the moment, but they’ve talked at least internally about the possibility of trying to bring back former Rangers star Michael Young, according to sources.
Young is hitting .278/.342/.405 on the season, though it has been kind of up and down for him. Nice April, bad May, nice June. I figure in Texas he’d cover for the seriously ailing Lance Berkman at DH while filling in at first and wherever else because that’s his thing.
And if the Rangers, who are now three back of Oakland, snag Young and end up winning the division, you darn well he’ll get the credit for it even if he doesn’t play well. Because that’s his thing too.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)