Jul 26, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
One of the most angrily grunted complaint against newer baseball statistics is that if it’s not good enough to be on the back of baseball cards who needs it?
@MrBrianKenny 2013 Topps Finest Baseball base will have WAR on the back – no oWar or dWar yet…
— Matthew Bleiberg (@MatthewBleiberg) July 26, 2013
Mr. Bleiberg is an editor for Topps, so he’d know.
Now, if we can only have every single card set contain those awesome cartoons about ballplayer hobbies. Like the 1973 set, which I wrote about once.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 2
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 55
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 99
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 70
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)