Jul 26, 2013, 4:23 PM EST
One of the most angrily grunted complaint against newer baseball statistics is that if it’s not good enough to be on the back of baseball cards who needs it?
@MrBrianKenny 2013 Topps Finest Baseball base will have WAR on the back – no oWar or dWar yet…
— Matthew Bleiberg (@MatthewBleiberg) July 26, 2013
Mr. Bleiberg is an editor for Topps, so he’d know.
Now, if we can only have every single card set contain those awesome cartoons about ballplayer hobbies. Like the 1973 set, which I wrote about once.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40