Jul 26, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
One of the most angrily grunted complaint against newer baseball statistics is that if it’s not good enough to be on the back of baseball cards who needs it?
@MrBrianKenny 2013 Topps Finest Baseball base will have WAR on the back – no oWar or dWar yet…
— Matthew Bleiberg (@MatthewBleiberg) July 26, 2013
Mr. Bleiberg is an editor for Topps, so he’d know.
Now, if we can only have every single card set contain those awesome cartoons about ballplayer hobbies. Like the 1973 set, which I wrote about once.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 22
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)