Jul 26, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
One of the most angrily grunted complaint against newer baseball statistics is that if it’s not good enough to be on the back of baseball cards who needs it?
@MrBrianKenny 2013 Topps Finest Baseball base will have WAR on the back – no oWar or dWar yet…
— Matthew Bleiberg (@MatthewBleiberg) July 26, 2013
Mr. Bleiberg is an editor for Topps, so he’d know.
Now, if we can only have every single card set contain those awesome cartoons about ballplayer hobbies. Like the 1973 set, which I wrote about once.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)