Jul 26, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
One of the most angrily grunted complaint against newer baseball statistics is that if it’s not good enough to be on the back of baseball cards who needs it?
@MrBrianKenny 2013 Topps Finest Baseball base will have WAR on the back – no oWar or dWar yet…
— Matthew Bleiberg (@MatthewBleiberg) July 26, 2013
Mr. Bleiberg is an editor for Topps, so he’d know.
Now, if we can only have every single card set contain those awesome cartoons about ballplayer hobbies. Like the 1973 set, which I wrote about once.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)