Jul 27, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Orioles outfielder Adam Jones went 2-for-4 with two home runs in last night’s 6-0 victory over the division rival Red Sox. The O’s are now 6-2 against the Sox on the season, including 4-1 at home. The lack of Red Sox fans at Camden Yards as of late prompted Adam Jones to tell MASN’s Steve Melewski that his team’s home turf “isn’t Fenway South anymore”.
As Zach Wilt notes, the Orioles have won 15 of their last 20 and 25 of their last 35 overall games against the Red Sox. Last night’s win, along with the Rays’ 10-6 victory over the Yankees, pushed the Red Sox down to second place in the AL East. The Orioles are in third place, 3.5 games behind the first-place Rays.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 162
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (162)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)