Jul 27, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Orioles outfielder Adam Jones went 2-for-4 with two home runs in last night’s 6-0 victory over the division rival Red Sox. The O’s are now 6-2 against the Sox on the season, including 4-1 at home. The lack of Red Sox fans at Camden Yards as of late prompted Adam Jones to tell MASN’s Steve Melewski that his team’s home turf “isn’t Fenway South anymore”.
As Zach Wilt notes, the Orioles have won 15 of their last 20 and 25 of their last 35 overall games against the Red Sox. Last night’s win, along with the Rays’ 10-6 victory over the Yankees, pushed the Red Sox down to second place in the AL East. The Orioles are in third place, 3.5 games behind the first-place Rays.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 12
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 45
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 45
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 90
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)