Jul 27, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Orioles outfielder Adam Jones went 2-for-4 with two home runs in last night’s 6-0 victory over the division rival Red Sox. The O’s are now 6-2 against the Sox on the season, including 4-1 at home. The lack of Red Sox fans at Camden Yards as of late prompted Adam Jones to tell MASN’s Steve Melewski that his team’s home turf “isn’t Fenway South anymore”.
As Zach Wilt notes, the Orioles have won 15 of their last 20 and 25 of their last 35 overall games against the Red Sox. Last night’s win, along with the Rays’ 10-6 victory over the Yankees, pushed the Red Sox down to second place in the AL East. The Orioles are in third place, 3.5 games behind the first-place Rays.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)