Jul 27, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Orioles outfielder Adam Jones went 2-for-4 with two home runs in last night’s 6-0 victory over the division rival Red Sox. The O’s are now 6-2 against the Sox on the season, including 4-1 at home. The lack of Red Sox fans at Camden Yards as of late prompted Adam Jones to tell MASN’s Steve Melewski that his team’s home turf “isn’t Fenway South anymore”.
As Zach Wilt notes, the Orioles have won 15 of their last 20 and 25 of their last 35 overall games against the Red Sox. Last night’s win, along with the Rays’ 10-6 victory over the Yankees, pushed the Red Sox down to second place in the AL East. The Orioles are in third place, 3.5 games behind the first-place Rays.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (87)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)