Jul 27, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
Braves starter Brandon Beachy, fully recovered from Tommy John surgery on his right elbow, will make his first start of the 2013 season on Monday against the Rockies, reports David O’Brien. He is effectively taking Tim Hudson‘s spot in the rotation. Hudson was lost for the season on Wednesday after suffering a gruesome injury to his leg and ankle.
Beachy, now 26 years old, underwent Tommy John surgery on June 21 last year after posting an even 2.00 ERA through his first 12 starts.
Despite getting Beachy back, the Braves are still in the market to add another starting pitcher before Wednesday’s deadline. Most recently, they have shown interest in Jake Peavy of the White Sox and Ervin Santana of the Royals.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)