Jul 27, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
Braves starter Brandon Beachy, fully recovered from Tommy John surgery on his right elbow, will make his first start of the 2013 season on Monday against the Rockies, reports David O’Brien. He is effectively taking Tim Hudson‘s spot in the rotation. Hudson was lost for the season on Wednesday after suffering a gruesome injury to his leg and ankle.
Beachy, now 26 years old, underwent Tommy John surgery on June 21 last year after posting an even 2.00 ERA through his first 12 starts.
Despite getting Beachy back, the Braves are still in the market to add another starting pitcher before Wednesday’s deadline. Most recently, they have shown interest in Jake Peavy of the White Sox and Ervin Santana of the Royals.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 115
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 41
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (118)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)