Jul 27, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Braves starter Brandon Beachy, fully recovered from Tommy John surgery on his right elbow, will make his first start of the 2013 season on Monday against the Rockies, reports David O’Brien. He is effectively taking Tim Hudson‘s spot in the rotation. Hudson was lost for the season on Wednesday after suffering a gruesome injury to his leg and ankle.
Beachy, now 26 years old, underwent Tommy John surgery on June 21 last year after posting an even 2.00 ERA through his first 12 starts.
Despite getting Beachy back, the Braves are still in the market to add another starting pitcher before Wednesday’s deadline. Most recently, they have shown interest in Jake Peavy of the White Sox and Ervin Santana of the Royals.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)