Jul 27, 2013, 3:01 PM EST
Harper left the first game of yesterday’s doubleheader after he aggravated his left knee while making a diving catch of a liner off the bat of Daniel Murphy in the fifth inning. He wasn’t in the starting lineup for the nightcap, but grounded out as a pinch-hitter in the eighth inning. Fortunately for the Nationals, the knee issue appears to be nothing more than a minor scare.
Harper, 20, is batting .270/.371/.517 with 14 home runs and 31 RBI in 66 games this season. The Nationals enter play this afternoon at 50-54, 8.5 games behind the Braves in the National League East and nine back for a Wild Card spot.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)