Jul 27, 2013, 2:29 PM EST
As expected, the Cardinals have activated outfielder Matt Holliday from the 15-day disabled list. He’ll be in the starting lineup this afternoon against the Braves, batting third and playing left field.
Holliday has been sidelined since July 11 due to a strained right hamstring. He was able to make it back in the minimum 15 days and ended up missing 10 games.
Holliday has been a bit of a disappointment this season, batting .268/.351/.448 with 13 home runs and 47 RBI through 83 games. He’s hitting ground balls and infield fly balls at a career-high clip, which has made him a much easier out than normal. The 33-year-old entered this season with a .313/.387/.536 career batting line.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)