Jul 27, 2013, 2:29 PM EDT
As expected, the Cardinals have activated outfielder Matt Holliday from the 15-day disabled list. He’ll be in the starting lineup this afternoon against the Braves, batting third and playing left field.
Holliday has been sidelined since July 11 due to a strained right hamstring. He was able to make it back in the minimum 15 days and ended up missing 10 games.
Holliday has been a bit of a disappointment this season, batting .268/.351/.448 with 13 home runs and 47 RBI through 83 games. He’s hitting ground balls and infield fly balls at a career-high clip, which has made him a much easier out than normal. The 33-year-old entered this season with a .313/.387/.536 career batting line.
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 1
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)