Jul 27, 2013, 7:55 PM EST
With the addition of Jenrry Mejia to the rotation, Mets starter Matt Harvey has about ten starts left according to manager Terry Collins (via Jorge Castillo). We heard rumors about the shutdown throughout the season and now we have a countdown.
Harvey has logged 145 innings over 21 starts thus far, posting a 2.11 ERA. Averaging about seven innings per start, another ten starts would put him around 215 innings and 31 starts. In essence, he would only be deprived of two starts.
It will be interesting to see what the Mets do if they continue to gain ground in the National League. They could conceivably leapfrog both the Phillies and Nationals in the NL East, as they are just a game behind both in the loss column, 54 to 55.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 69
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 122
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 83
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history (124)