Jul 28, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
Rosenthal notes that other teams are in the mix.
Thatcher, 31, has posted a dominant 2.15 ERA, 1.02 WHIP and 29/4 K/BB ratio in 29 1/3 innings of relief this season for San Diego while holding left-handed batters to a .190/.235/.206 slash line. He’s making $1.35 million this summer and will be arbitration-eligible for third and final time heading into 2014.
A shutdown lefty specialist would be the perfect pickup for a first-place Atlanta team that appears capable of a late postseason run.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)