Jul 28, 2013, 10:21 AM EST
Rosenthal notes that other teams are in the mix.
Thatcher, 31, has posted a dominant 2.15 ERA, 1.02 WHIP and 29/4 K/BB ratio in 29 1/3 innings of relief this season for San Diego while holding left-handed batters to a .190/.235/.206 slash line. He’s making $1.35 million this summer and will be arbitration-eligible for third and final time heading into 2014.
A shutdown lefty specialist would be the perfect pickup for a first-place Atlanta team that appears capable of a late postseason run.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)