Jul 28, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Red Sox DH David Ortiz went 4-for-4 with 2 RBI in his first game after destroying the telephone in the visitor’s dugout at Camden Yards last night. He hit a two-run home run off of Orioles starter Jason Hammel in the second inning and logged three additional singles as he bumped his batting average back up to .329.
Ortiz also pretended to go after the phone with his bat again, but in a joking fashion this time. Via Gamereax:
The Red Sox, behind seven shutout innings by starter Jon Lester, handily defeated the Orioles 5-0. As the Rays lost to the Yankees on an Alfonso Soriano walk-off RBI single, the Red Sox reclaimed first place in the AL East at 63-43.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)