Jul 28, 2013, 5:22 PM EST
It sounds like Jake Peavy will soon be traded.
Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago reports that the veteran right-hander packed five suitcases for Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Royals at U.S. Cellular Field in anticipation of being dealt to a new team at some point over the next three days. The White Sox will travel directly from Sunday’s game to Cleveland, where they will take on the Indians in a four-game series that ends August 1.
The deadline for non-waiver trades is July 31.
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal says the Cardinals, Orioles, Red Sox and A’s are currently talking to the White Sox — the Braves have dropped out — and Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com hears from a White Sox source that Oakland is currently “in front.”
Peavy has a 4.28 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 76/17 K/BB ratio in 80 innings this season for the last-place Pale Hose. The 32-year-old is owed $14.5 million in 2014 and carries a $15 million player option for 2015.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 118
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 30
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 35
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (123)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)