Jul 28, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
It sounds like Jake Peavy will soon be traded.
Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago reports that the veteran right-hander packed five suitcases for Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Royals at U.S. Cellular Field in anticipation of being dealt to a new team at some point over the next three days. The White Sox will travel directly from Sunday’s game to Cleveland, where they will take on the Indians in a four-game series that ends August 1.
The deadline for non-waiver trades is July 31.
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal says the Cardinals, Orioles, Red Sox and A’s are currently talking to the White Sox — the Braves have dropped out — and Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com hears from a White Sox source that Oakland is currently “in front.”
Peavy has a 4.28 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 76/17 K/BB ratio in 80 innings this season for the last-place Pale Hose. The 32-year-old is owed $14.5 million in 2014 and carries a $15 million player option for 2015.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)