Jul 28, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
It sounds like Jake Peavy will soon be traded.
Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago reports that the veteran right-hander packed five suitcases for Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Royals at U.S. Cellular Field in anticipation of being dealt to a new team at some point over the next three days. The White Sox will travel directly from Sunday’s game to Cleveland, where they will take on the Indians in a four-game series that ends August 1.
The deadline for non-waiver trades is July 31.
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal says the Cardinals, Orioles, Red Sox and A’s are currently talking to the White Sox — the Braves have dropped out — and Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com hears from a White Sox source that Oakland is currently “in front.”
Peavy has a 4.28 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 76/17 K/BB ratio in 80 innings this season for the last-place Pale Hose. The 32-year-old is owed $14.5 million in 2014 and carries a $15 million player option for 2015.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)