Jul 28, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins have officially placed right-hander Kevin Slowey on the 15-day disabled list due to lingering discomfort in his right forearm. Steven Ames was recalled from Triple-A New Orleans on Sunday morning in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
Slowey, who was demoted from the starting rotation to a long relief role earlier this month, felt increasing pain Saturday while throwing warmup tosses in the bullpen during the Marlins’ 7-4 loss to the Pirates. He clearly was not at full strength when he allowed three runs on three hits while recording no outs Thursday against the Rockies.
Slowey will presumably pay a visit to a forearm and elbow specialist — someone like Dr. James Andrews.
The 29-year-old has a 4.11 ERA, 1.35 WHIP and 76/18 K/BB ratio in 92 innings this season for Miami.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)