Jul 28, 2013, 11:08 AM EST
The Rays are by far the hottest team in Major League Baseball — 21-3 since June 28 — and currently hold a half-game lead over the Red Sox in the American League East standings. So let the taunting begin?
WANTED: Steel alloy telephone with Kevlar cord. Will spare no expense. Must install by Sept. 10.
— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) July 28, 2013
September 10 is the start date of the next Red Sox vs. Rays series at Tampa Bay’s Tropicana Field.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40