Jul 29, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Another day, another lack of Biogenesis discipline. But we’ll take this Blue Jays minor leaguer:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Toronto Blue Jays Minor League outfielder Brian Van Kirk has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program for a drug of abuse. The suspension of Van Kirk, who is currently on the roster of the Double-A New Hampshire Fisher Cats of the Eastern League, is effective immediately.
Van Kirk is a 21st round draft pick from 2008 who turns 28 in two weeks. He gets on base at a decent clip and has some flashes of power but has never made it above Double-A.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 42
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 92
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)