Jul 29, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Another day, another lack of Biogenesis discipline. But we’ll take this Blue Jays minor leaguer:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Toronto Blue Jays Minor League outfielder Brian Van Kirk has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program for a drug of abuse. The suspension of Van Kirk, who is currently on the roster of the Double-A New Hampshire Fisher Cats of the Eastern League, is effective immediately.
Van Kirk is a 21st round draft pick from 2008 who turns 28 in two weeks. He gets on base at a decent clip and has some flashes of power but has never made it above Double-A.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)