Jul 29, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
With only the dead being inducted into the Hall of Fame yesterday, the crowd responded in similar fashion. Bob Nightengale:
Sunday’s crowd count suffered greatly: 2,500 attended, the Hall announced, well off the typical crowd estimate of about 20,000.
Only 32 of the living 62 Hall of Famers were on hand. Probably because they didn’t have any new friends to welcome or old friends to greet.
To date the Hall of Fame has been 100% supportive of the voting tack the BBWAA has taken and has shot down any suggestion that something needs to change in either the voting criteria or the composition of the electorate.
But you have to figure that another couple of years like this would at least start to make them change their mind.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 35
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)