Jul 29, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
With only the dead being inducted into the Hall of Fame yesterday, the crowd responded in similar fashion. Bob Nightengale:
Sunday’s crowd count suffered greatly: 2,500 attended, the Hall announced, well off the typical crowd estimate of about 20,000.
Only 32 of the living 62 Hall of Famers were on hand. Probably because they didn’t have any new friends to welcome or old friends to greet.
To date the Hall of Fame has been 100% supportive of the voting tack the BBWAA has taken and has shot down any suggestion that something needs to change in either the voting criteria or the composition of the electorate.
But you have to figure that another couple of years like this would at least start to make them change their mind.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 17
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)