Jul 29, 2013, 4:46 PM EST
Frank Castillo, who pitched 13 seasons in the majors for the Cubs, Red Sox, and four other teams, drowned Saturday in a lake near his home in Arizona.
KVIA-TV in Texas reports that “Castillo was on a pontoon boat with a friend when he decided to go swimming” and “Castillo’s friend reportedly called for help when Castillo did not come back up out of the water.”
His family issued a statement, which you can read on KVIA’s website. Castillo was 44 years old and leaves behind two children.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)