Jul 29, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
No official announcement has been made yet, but it looks like Michael Morse will come off the disabled list and return to the Mariners’ lineup Tuesday.
Todd Dybas of the Everett Herald reports that Morse said his goodbyes at Triple-A yesterday, signaling that his rehab for a strained quadriceps is over after more than a month on the disabled list.
Morse was struggling before being shut down, hitting just .257 with three homers and a .737 OPS in 32 games following a big April, but the Mariners have scored the third-most runs in the league since the All-Star break and adding his right-handed power bat will certainly help.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (96)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)