Jul 29, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
No official announcement has been made yet, but it looks like Michael Morse will come off the disabled list and return to the Mariners’ lineup Tuesday.
Todd Dybas of the Everett Herald reports that Morse said his goodbyes at Triple-A yesterday, signaling that his rehab for a strained quadriceps is over after more than a month on the disabled list.
Morse was struggling before being shut down, hitting just .257 with three homers and a .737 OPS in 32 games following a big April, but the Mariners have scored the third-most runs in the league since the All-Star break and adding his right-handed power bat will certainly help.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)