Jul 29, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
No official announcement has been made yet, but it looks like Michael Morse will come off the disabled list and return to the Mariners’ lineup Tuesday.
Todd Dybas of the Everett Herald reports that Morse said his goodbyes at Triple-A yesterday, signaling that his rehab for a strained quadriceps is over after more than a month on the disabled list.
Morse was struggling before being shut down, hitting just .257 with three homers and a .737 OPS in 32 games following a big April, but the Mariners have scored the third-most runs in the league since the All-Star break and adding his right-handed power bat will certainly help.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)