Jul 29, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
No official announcement has been made yet, but it looks like Michael Morse will come off the disabled list and return to the Mariners’ lineup Tuesday.
Todd Dybas of the Everett Herald reports that Morse said his goodbyes at Triple-A yesterday, signaling that his rehab for a strained quadriceps is over after more than a month on the disabled list.
Morse was struggling before being shut down, hitting just .257 with three homers and a .737 OPS in 32 games following a big April, but the Mariners have scored the third-most runs in the league since the All-Star break and adding his right-handed power bat will certainly help.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 33
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)