Jul 29, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
No official announcement has been made yet, but it looks like Michael Morse will come off the disabled list and return to the Mariners’ lineup Tuesday.
Todd Dybas of the Everett Herald reports that Morse said his goodbyes at Triple-A yesterday, signaling that his rehab for a strained quadriceps is over after more than a month on the disabled list.
Morse was struggling before being shut down, hitting just .257 with three homers and a .737 OPS in 32 games following a big April, but the Mariners have scored the third-most runs in the league since the All-Star break and adding his right-handed power bat will certainly help.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)