Jul 29, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Evan Brunell is a super nice guy I’ve had the pleasure of meeting and is a great baseball writer too. He also happens to be hearing impaired and thus is a good lip-reader. He applied this skill to some video of manager-umpire arguments and the results are over at Deadspin.
Obviously there are TONS of naughty words in this, so if you work someplace that doesn’t like you clicking to things with naughty words — or if random F-bombs make you retreat to your fainting couch — you may want to move along.
The rest of us can use the post for argument tips.
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)