Jul 29, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXsports.com “the Yankees had not received a single trade offer” for Phil Hughes as of yesterday, which is the kind of random note that makes me hope Phil Hughes doesn’t check Twitter (or HBT).
Hughes has actually been decent of late, starting 12 games with a 3.82 ERA and 56/20 K/BB ratio in 71 innings since his worst start of the season on May 15, but he continues to serve up a ton of homers and has more than five strikeouts just once in his last eight starts.
He’s also an impending free agent making $7.15 million, so even if the Yankees get a few nibbles on Hughes between now and Wednesday’s trade deadline it’s hard to imagine the return being anything significant.
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 0
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 43
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 80
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)