Jul 29, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXsports.com “the Yankees had not received a single trade offer” for Phil Hughes as of yesterday, which is the kind of random note that makes me hope Phil Hughes doesn’t check Twitter (or HBT).
Hughes has actually been decent of late, starting 12 games with a 3.82 ERA and 56/20 K/BB ratio in 71 innings since his worst start of the season on May 15, but he continues to serve up a ton of homers and has more than five strikeouts just once in his last eight starts.
He’s also an impending free agent making $7.15 million, so even if the Yankees get a few nibbles on Hughes between now and Wednesday’s trade deadline it’s hard to imagine the return being anything significant.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 0
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 1
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)