Jul 29, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXsports.com “the Yankees had not received a single trade offer” for Phil Hughes as of yesterday, which is the kind of random note that makes me hope Phil Hughes doesn’t check Twitter (or HBT).
Hughes has actually been decent of late, starting 12 games with a 3.82 ERA and 56/20 K/BB ratio in 71 innings since his worst start of the season on May 15, but he continues to serve up a ton of homers and has more than five strikeouts just once in his last eight starts.
He’s also an impending free agent making $7.15 million, so even if the Yankees get a few nibbles on Hughes between now and Wednesday’s trade deadline it’s hard to imagine the return being anything significant.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 60
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)