Jul 29, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXsports.com “the Yankees had not received a single trade offer” for Phil Hughes as of yesterday, which is the kind of random note that makes me hope Phil Hughes doesn’t check Twitter (or HBT).
Hughes has actually been decent of late, starting 12 games with a 3.82 ERA and 56/20 K/BB ratio in 71 innings since his worst start of the season on May 15, but he continues to serve up a ton of homers and has more than five strikeouts just once in his last eight starts.
He’s also an impending free agent making $7.15 million, so even if the Yankees get a few nibbles on Hughes between now and Wednesday’s trade deadline it’s hard to imagine the return being anything significant.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 104
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 38
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (104)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)