Jul 29, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
That’s an insane price, of course. No one trades the top four of their prospect list for a guy owed between $50-75 million (depending on options) AND picks up the salary. By even suggesting it — assuming he is and Heyman’s source isn’t pulling his leg — he’s almost mocking the idea of trading Cliff Lee. Which, yes, points for style, but doesn’t seem to be consistent with a notion that he’d actually trade his ace.
Still: remember a couple of weeks ago when Amaro was quoted saying that he didn’t believe in those top-whatever prospect lists? If he truly doesn’t and if he truly is asking for the top-whatever from your prospect list, I feel like you could really dupe him in a Cliff Lee deal.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 73
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 68
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (76)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)