Jul 29, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
That’s an insane price, of course. No one trades the top four of their prospect list for a guy owed between $50-75 million (depending on options) AND picks up the salary. By even suggesting it — assuming he is and Heyman’s source isn’t pulling his leg — he’s almost mocking the idea of trading Cliff Lee. Which, yes, points for style, but doesn’t seem to be consistent with a notion that he’d actually trade his ace.
Still: remember a couple of weeks ago when Amaro was quoted saying that he didn’t believe in those top-whatever prospect lists? If he truly doesn’t and if he truly is asking for the top-whatever from your prospect list, I feel like you could really dupe him in a Cliff Lee deal.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40