Jul 29, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
That’s an insane price, of course. No one trades the top four of their prospect list for a guy owed between $50-75 million (depending on options) AND picks up the salary. By even suggesting it — assuming he is and Heyman’s source isn’t pulling his leg — he’s almost mocking the idea of trading Cliff Lee. Which, yes, points for style, but doesn’t seem to be consistent with a notion that he’d actually trade his ace.
Still: remember a couple of weeks ago when Amaro was quoted saying that he didn’t believe in those top-whatever prospect lists? If he truly doesn’t and if he truly is asking for the top-whatever from your prospect list, I feel like you could really dupe him in a Cliff Lee deal.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)