Jul 29, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
That’s an insane price, of course. No one trades the top four of their prospect list for a guy owed between $50-75 million (depending on options) AND picks up the salary. By even suggesting it — assuming he is and Heyman’s source isn’t pulling his leg — he’s almost mocking the idea of trading Cliff Lee. Which, yes, points for style, but doesn’t seem to be consistent with a notion that he’d actually trade his ace.
Still: remember a couple of weeks ago when Amaro was quoted saying that he didn’t believe in those top-whatever prospect lists? If he truly doesn’t and if he truly is asking for the top-whatever from your prospect list, I feel like you could really dupe him in a Cliff Lee deal.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 58
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)