Jul 29, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
I guess you don’t get anything without asking for it. But some things you kinda figure aren’t worth the breath you had to take to ask. Rosenthal:
The Rangers’ search for offensive help is so extensive, they recently contacted the Atlanta Bravesabout a trade for McCann, according to major-league sources. The Braves, leading the NL East by 8.5 games, had no interest in trading their starting catcher, who will be a free agent at the end of the season.
As Rosenthal notes, it makes a lot of sense for the Rangers to be interested in McCann when he hits free agency this fall. But to expect the Braves to even entertain trade talk when they’re likely playoff bound and McCann is basically the biggest offensive threat on the team.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (91)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)