Jul 29, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
I guess you don’t get anything without asking for it. But some things you kinda figure aren’t worth the breath you had to take to ask. Rosenthal:
The Rangers’ search for offensive help is so extensive, they recently contacted the Atlanta Bravesabout a trade for McCann, according to major-league sources. The Braves, leading the NL East by 8.5 games, had no interest in trading their starting catcher, who will be a free agent at the end of the season.
As Rosenthal notes, it makes a lot of sense for the Rangers to be interested in McCann when he hits free agency this fall. But to expect the Braves to even entertain trade talk when they’re likely playoff bound and McCann is basically the biggest offensive threat on the team.
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 14
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 31
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (112)