Jul 30, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Aramis Ramirez will be on the disabled list when the trade deadline passes tomorrow and now it sounds like the Brewers third baseman may not be particularly close to returning from a knee injury.
“I’m not healing as well as I thought I would,” Ramirez told Adam McCalvy of MLB.com. “I don’t know why. I’m doing everything I can, but it’s not coming out like I hoped.” He also hinted that he may not be healthy until next season, when the Brewers owe him $16 million at age 36.
Ramirez has been bothered by knee problems all season, playing just 54 of the Brewers’ first 105 games while hitting .271 with five homers for a .773 OPS that’s his second-lowest since 2003.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)