Jul 30, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Aramis Ramirez will be on the disabled list when the trade deadline passes tomorrow and now it sounds like the Brewers third baseman may not be particularly close to returning from a knee injury.
“I’m not healing as well as I thought I would,” Ramirez told Adam McCalvy of MLB.com. “I don’t know why. I’m doing everything I can, but it’s not coming out like I hoped.” He also hinted that he may not be healthy until next season, when the Brewers owe him $16 million at age 36.
Ramirez has been bothered by knee problems all season, playing just 54 of the Brewers’ first 105 games while hitting .271 with five homers for a .773 OPS that’s his second-lowest since 2003.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)