Jul 30, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Aramis Ramirez will be on the disabled list when the trade deadline passes tomorrow and now it sounds like the Brewers third baseman may not be particularly close to returning from a knee injury.
“I’m not healing as well as I thought I would,” Ramirez told Adam McCalvy of MLB.com. “I don’t know why. I’m doing everything I can, but it’s not coming out like I hoped.” He also hinted that he may not be healthy until next season, when the Brewers owe him $16 million at age 36.
Ramirez has been bothered by knee problems all season, playing just 54 of the Brewers’ first 105 games while hitting .271 with five homers for a .773 OPS that’s his second-lowest since 2003.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)