Jul 30, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Aramis Ramirez will be on the disabled list when the trade deadline passes tomorrow and now it sounds like the Brewers third baseman may not be particularly close to returning from a knee injury.
“I’m not healing as well as I thought I would,” Ramirez told Adam McCalvy of MLB.com. “I don’t know why. I’m doing everything I can, but it’s not coming out like I hoped.” He also hinted that he may not be healthy until next season, when the Brewers owe him $16 million at age 36.
Ramirez has been bothered by knee problems all season, playing just 54 of the Brewers’ first 105 games while hitting .271 with five homers for a .773 OPS that’s his second-lowest since 2003.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)