Jul 30, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Aramis Ramirez will be on the disabled list when the trade deadline passes tomorrow and now it sounds like the Brewers third baseman may not be particularly close to returning from a knee injury.
“I’m not healing as well as I thought I would,” Ramirez told Adam McCalvy of MLB.com. “I don’t know why. I’m doing everything I can, but it’s not coming out like I hoped.” He also hinted that he may not be healthy until next season, when the Brewers owe him $16 million at age 36.
Ramirez has been bothered by knee problems all season, playing just 54 of the Brewers’ first 105 games while hitting .271 with five homers for a .773 OPS that’s his second-lowest since 2003.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)