Jul 30, 2013, 10:41 PM EDT
Callaspo played third base for Anaheim but will take over as Oakland’s starting second baseman with Josh Donaldson currently manning the hot corner.
Green was the 13th overall pick in the 2009 MLB Amateur Draft and has posted a cool .325/.379/.500 batting line with 11 home runs and 50 RBI over 87 games this season at the Triple-A level. That’s a pretty big piece to unload for a guy like Callaspo, who has hit .252/.328/.356 since the start of 2012 and hasn’t appeared regularly at second base since 2009.
The Athletics are currently six games ahead of the Rangers in the American League West standings.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 5
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)