Jul 30, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Marc Rzepczynski was demoted back to Triple-A after a 48-hour stay with the Cardinals and now Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that the left-hander will be traded to the Indians.
Rzepczynski was a big part of the Cardinals’ bullpen after they acquired him from the Blue Jays in mid-2011, but he fell out of favor last season and has spent most of this year in the minors.
No word yet on what the Cardinals are getting in return, but it’s unlikely to be more than a low-level prospect.
UPDATE: It’s now official and St. Louis gets minor league infielder Juan Herrera in return. He’s a 20-year-old playing at low Single-A, but has shown some on-base skills and plays shortstop.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)