Jul 30, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Marc Rzepczynski was demoted back to Triple-A after a 48-hour stay with the Cardinals and now Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that the left-hander will be traded to the Indians.
Rzepczynski was a big part of the Cardinals’ bullpen after they acquired him from the Blue Jays in mid-2011, but he fell out of favor last season and has spent most of this year in the minors.
No word yet on what the Cardinals are getting in return, but it’s unlikely to be more than a low-level prospect.
UPDATE: It’s now official and St. Louis gets minor league infielder Juan Herrera in return. He’s a 20-year-old playing at low Single-A, but has shown some on-base skills and plays shortstop.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)