Jul 30, 2013, 2:41 PM EST
As of yesterday the rehabbing right-hander was said to have offers from at least five teams, but he’s settled on his former club’s biggest rival and will stay in California as he attempts to return to the majors following Tommy John elbow surgery.
Wilson hasn’t pitched since April of last year and hasn’t pitched effectively since 2011–when he saved 36 games with a 3.11 ERA–but he’s fully recovered from the surgery and reportedly looked good in recent bullpen sessions for interested teams.
Much like Carlos Marmol, he’s unlikely to get a chance to save games for the Dodgers but certainly makes plenty of sense as a low-risk middle relief option with some potential upside for a more prominent late-inning role. For now he’ll get some game action in the minors.
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 2
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 22
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 22
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)