Jul 30, 2013, 9:45 AM EST
Stuff that only happens at the trade deadline: a healthy pitcher scratched. That’s what Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune is reporting about Jake Peavy. Gonzalez says Peavy is unlikely to make his scheduled start against the Indians today.
This certainly suggests that a trade is near, as teams in negotiations for players would prefer it if they could use them as soon as the trade is done. If Peavy pitched today he’d not be available until Sunday.
Someone likely wants him now.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 20
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 143
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23