Jul 30, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Last night Jason Giambi became the oldest player in baseball history to hit a walk-off home run when he took White Sox reliever Ramon Troncoso deep in the ninth inning to turn a tie game into a 3-2 win for the Indians.
The previous oldest walk-off hitter? Hank Aaron at 42 years and 157 days (it was his second-to-last career homer). Giambi was 42 years and 202 days.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 171
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (171)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)