Jul 30, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Last night Jason Giambi became the oldest player in baseball history to hit a walk-off home run when he took White Sox reliever Ramon Troncoso deep in the ninth inning to turn a tie game into a 3-2 win for the Indians.
The previous oldest walk-off hitter? Hank Aaron at 42 years and 157 days (it was his second-to-last career homer). Giambi was 42 years and 202 days.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 50
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72