Jul 30, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Last night Jason Giambi became the oldest player in baseball history to hit a walk-off home run when he took White Sox reliever Ramon Troncoso deep in the ninth inning to turn a tie game into a 3-2 win for the Indians.
The previous oldest walk-off hitter? Hank Aaron at 42 years and 157 days (it was his second-to-last career homer). Giambi was 42 years and 202 days.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 36
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 83
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 23
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 44
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 42
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (102)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (83)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)