Jul 30, 2013, 10:31 AM EST
Josh Hamilton has printed up t-shirts with the slogan “Play hard, pray harder” on them for a while now. But some other guys say they did it first and they sued Hamilton over it. The other guys have prevailed. From LewPBlog.com:
Tyler Mileger began using the slogan “Play Hard Pray Harder” several years ago playing college golf. He joined up with Josh Eckel to start a Dallas-based Christian inspired sports clothing line that gives back by paying it forward … The suit came down to who sold over state lines first and Hamilton’s side eventually decided to settle with Mileger and Eckel. The two now retain control of the phrase and paperwork to get rid of the suit in the courts has been filed.
Given Hamilton’s season he was probably due for a new slogan anyway. One which revolved around ignoring critics and coming to grips with one’s mortality and age and stuff.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)