Jul 30, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Kevin Slowey has been diagnosed with a strained flexor tendon in his forearm and the Marlins right-hander is likely out for the rest of the season.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that he’ll be completely shut down from throwing for 4-6 weeks, which leaves very little time for Slowey to get healthy and rebuild his arm strength. Even in a best-case scenario he’d be returning in late September for a couple appearances.
Slowey was having a nice bounceback season for the Marlins, throwing 92 innings with a 4.11 ERA and 76/18 K/BB ratio for manager Mike Redmond, who caught Slowey when they were teammates on the Twins.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 4
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 4
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 23
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)