Jul 30, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
Jayson Stark of ESPN is hearing from sources that Young will “consider other destinations” if the Phillies ask and that Boston would be his second choice.
It’s not clear at this point what his stance is on the Yankees, who are believed to have some interest.
Young, 36, is batting .277/.342/.402 with seven homers and 32 RBI in 99 games this season. He was dealt from the Rangers to the Phillies in December for righties Josh Lindblom and Lisalverto Bonilla.
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 12
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 31
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 68
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)