Jul 30, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
Jayson Stark of ESPN is hearing from sources that Young will “consider other destinations” if the Phillies ask and that Boston would be his second choice.
It’s not clear at this point what his stance is on the Yankees, who are believed to have some interest.
Young, 36, is batting .277/.342/.402 with seven homers and 32 RBI in 99 games this season. He was dealt from the Rangers to the Phillies in December for righties Josh Lindblom and Lisalverto Bonilla.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 58
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)