Jul 30, 2013, 7:12 PM EST
Jayson Stark of ESPN is hearing from sources that Young will “consider other destinations” if the Phillies ask and that Boston would be his second choice.
It’s not clear at this point what his stance is on the Yankees, who are believed to have some interest.
Young, 36, is batting .277/.342/.402 with seven homers and 32 RBI in 99 games this season. He was dealt from the Rangers to the Phillies in December for righties Josh Lindblom and Lisalverto Bonilla.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 6
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 9
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 161
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (161)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)