Jul 30, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
Jayson Stark of ESPN is hearing from sources that Young will “consider other destinations” if the Phillies ask and that Boston would be his second choice.
It’s not clear at this point what his stance is on the Yankees, who are believed to have some interest.
Young, 36, is batting .277/.342/.402 with seven homers and 32 RBI in 99 games this season. He was dealt from the Rangers to the Phillies in December for righties Josh Lindblom and Lisalverto Bonilla.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)