Jul 30, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
Jayson Stark of ESPN is hearing from sources that Young will “consider other destinations” if the Phillies ask and that Boston would be his second choice.
It’s not clear at this point what his stance is on the Yankees, who are believed to have some interest.
Young, 36, is batting .277/.342/.402 with seven homers and 32 RBI in 99 games this season. He was dealt from the Rangers to the Phillies in December for righties Josh Lindblom and Lisalverto Bonilla.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)