Jul 30, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
There are some suggestions that Michael Young is out the door. But if he is, it sounds like the destination has to be Texas. Ken Rosenthal reports that Young, who has a full no-trade clause, will only approve a trade back to the Rangers.
What people have been saying about Young all along is true: he’s a team player who cares only about making the Rangers better. Pity he plays for the Phillies at the moment, but let us not dwell on the details.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 31
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 60
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)