Jul 30, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
There are some suggestions that Michael Young is out the door. But if he is, it sounds like the destination has to be Texas. Ken Rosenthal reports that Young, who has a full no-trade clause, will only approve a trade back to the Rangers.
What people have been saying about Young all along is true: he’s a team player who cares only about making the Rangers better. Pity he plays for the Phillies at the moment, but let us not dwell on the details.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)