Jul 30, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
There are some suggestions that Michael Young is out the door. But if he is, it sounds like the destination has to be Texas. Ken Rosenthal reports that Young, who has a full no-trade clause, will only approve a trade back to the Rangers.
What people have been saying about Young all along is true: he’s a team player who cares only about making the Rangers better. Pity he plays for the Phillies at the moment, but let us not dwell on the details.
- Rangers call up power-hitting top prospect Joey Gallo 10
- American League All-Star voting update: Royals players still rule the roost 35
- Jose Fernandez cleared for rehab assignment in comeback from Tommy John surgery 10
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 150
- Johnny Cueto to return to Reds’ rotation Tuesday 3
- Khris Davis has a torn meniscus in his right knee 8
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 3
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 12
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (150)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (133)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (87)