Jul 30, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera missed four consecutive games last week with a hip issue. And it’s not going away.
According to MLB.com beat writer Jason Beck, the third baseman aggravated that hip injury in the fifth inning of Tuesday’s game against the Nationals while charging a Chad Tracy groundball. Cabrera stuck around for a few more innings, suggesting that the aggravation was not a serious one, but the Tigers seem likely to play it safe and give him more rest.
Cabrera finished 1-for-4 in Tuesday’s 5-1 defeat of Washington and is hitting .359/.454/.688 with 32 home runs and 99 RBI in 100 total games played this season.
The Tigers are currently 2 1/2 games up on the Indians in the American League Central standings.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (99)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)