Jul 30, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera missed four consecutive games last week with a hip issue. And it’s not going away.
According to MLB.com beat writer Jason Beck, the third baseman aggravated that hip injury in the fifth inning of Tuesday’s game against the Nationals while charging a Chad Tracy groundball. Cabrera stuck around for a few more innings, suggesting that the aggravation was not a serious one, but the Tigers seem likely to play it safe and give him more rest.
Cabrera finished 1-for-4 in Tuesday’s 5-1 defeat of Washington and is hitting .359/.454/.688 with 32 home runs and 99 RBI in 100 total games played this season.
The Tigers are currently 2 1/2 games up on the Indians in the American League Central standings.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)