Jul 30, 2013, 10:34 PM EST
Miguel Cabrera missed four consecutive games last week with a hip issue. And it’s not going away.
According to MLB.com beat writer Jason Beck, the third baseman aggravated that hip injury in the fifth inning of Tuesday’s game against the Nationals while charging a Chad Tracy groundball. Cabrera stuck around for a few more innings, suggesting that the aggravation was not a serious one, but the Tigers seem likely to play it safe and give him more rest.
Cabrera finished 1-for-4 in Tuesday’s 5-1 defeat of Washington and is hitting .359/.454/.688 with 32 home runs and 99 RBI in 100 total games played this season.
The Tigers are currently 2 1/2 games up on the Indians in the American League Central standings.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)