Quote of the Day: Paul Konerko minces no words whatsoever

Jul 30, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT

Minnesota Twins v Chicago White Sox Getty Images

Paul Konerko was asked whether the trade rumors surrounding Jake Peavy, Alex Rios and other White Sox have negatively impacted the team:

“Not really. We were sh***y before the rumors.”

I love Paul Konerko. I love him like nobody’s business. And I hope he’s managing sometime soon.

1. spacemaker101 - Jul 30, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Hahahahahah yes!! What a cool dude

2. unclemosesgreen - Jul 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM

One of the good guys in the game that I just didn’t know much about before this year. To take his very true, admirably honest response a step further – the rumors exist precisely because they’ve been so shitty.

3. cur68 - Jul 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Great Moments in “Tell us how you really feel, Mr. Konerko”. Such candour will not go unpunished, though. He’s broken the Crash Davis Code of Approved Replies. Well, whatever. Nice to see a ballplayer call it like he sees it.

• stex52 - Jul 30, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Reminds me of Lance Berkman. You don’t want an honest opinion, then don’t ask.

• cur68 - Jul 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM

True Dat. Phat Elvis don’t mince no words. In fact, when Konerko and Phat Elvis retire I’d like to see them in the booth together telling it like like they see it. Its not so much straight shooting as it is being mature enough to not let the way you want the world to be occlude your perception of the way the world is.

Flash Forward Five Years
        The Scene: Paul Konerko and Phat Elvis in a booth, watching The still owned by Loria, Feesh:

PK: These guys pretty much suck.
        PE: Yep. They suck and they blow. I want a beer.

4. therealbigben - Jul 30, 2013 at 11:15 AM

He mad

5. mdpickles - Jul 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM

This is a close second:
    When asked about his contract, Charlie Manuel said,
    “I got 99 problems and my contract ain’t one of them,” said to 94WIP.

• unclemosesgreen - Jul 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM

GTFO – that really happened??

• mdpickles - Jul 30, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Sure did…linky

• unclemosesgreen - Jul 30, 2013 at 12:21 PM

That made my fucking day – you did a public service today pickles. Cholly’s the best.

• stlouis1baseball - Jul 30, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Did you just state “linky?”
      Not calling you out for it at all. In fact, I hope you did cause’ I am gonna start working it in myself.

6. myhawks1976 - Jul 30, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Charlie did say it. today. on the radio. still can’t stand the Phillies, but Charlie Manuel just became my second favorite MLB manager behing Madden.

7. airedale1950 - Jul 30, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Calcaterra…You are weird.

• stlouis1baseball - Jul 30, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Yes…yes he is. Your point?

8. finchj15 - Jul 30, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Reblogged this on Baseball 101: Finchy's View and commented:
    Very true.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (2880)