Jul 30, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Buster Olney says:
The Cubs are getting solid interest on Nate Schierholtz, one of the few good hitters on the market. More than likely he gets traded.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 30, 2013
Schierholtz has been one of the least talked about bats at the deadline, but his bat has been a good one: .274/.334/.523 with 14 homers. And he’s making next to nothing this year.
The Cubs have dealt more players than anyone so far this season. What’s one more? And who wouldn’t want him? The Rangers and Yankees immediately spring to mind. The Orioles, perhaps.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 1
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 67
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)