Jul 30, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Buster Olney says:
The Cubs are getting solid interest on Nate Schierholtz, one of the few good hitters on the market. More than likely he gets traded.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 30, 2013
Schierholtz has been one of the least talked about bats at the deadline, but his bat has been a good one: .274/.334/.523 with 14 homers. And he’s making next to nothing this year.
The Cubs have dealt more players than anyone so far this season. What’s one more? And who wouldn’t want him? The Rangers and Yankees immediately spring to mind. The Orioles, perhaps.
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 42
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 89
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)