Jul 30, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
Buster Olney says:
The Cubs are getting solid interest on Nate Schierholtz, one of the few good hitters on the market. More than likely he gets traded.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 30, 2013
Schierholtz has been one of the least talked about bats at the deadline, but his bat has been a good one: .274/.334/.523 with 14 homers. And he’s making next to nothing this year.
The Cubs have dealt more players than anyone so far this season. What’s one more? And who wouldn’t want him? The Rangers and Yankees immediately spring to mind. The Orioles, perhaps.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 31
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27