There may be a big three-way trade coming

Jul 30, 2013, 8:56 PM EDT

ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick is one of the most trusted reporters in the business. Here’s his latest tweet:

Arizona has been shopping Ian Kennedy to free up cash for a serious run at Jake Peavy, so a three-way trade would make things simple for them. Kennedy, a struggling 28-year-old with a couple of good seasons under his belt, makes for a nice reclamation project for the pitching-needy Halos. The White Sox would presumably get a big prospect (or two) from the Diamondbacks and a mid-level prospect (or two) from Anaheim. Right now it’s only “buzz.” If the rumor grows, we’ll pass along the updates.

1. dondada10 - Jul 30, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I guess Ian Kennedy isn’t gritty enough.

• proudlycanadian - Jul 30, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Obviously, he must be Angelic.

• proudlycanadian - Jul 30, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Kennedy gave up 3 runs in 5 innings against the Rays tonight. He was pulled after 97 pitches.

2. jcmeyer10 - Jul 30, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I’m just thankful I didn’t see #redsox. I’ve been vocal today but it’s for a reason.

• proudlycanadian - Jul 30, 2013 at 9:20 PM

The Red Sox seem to have found a good starting pitcher in Workman. As much as I dissed Webster, I am impressed by Workman.

• jcmeyer10 - Jul 30, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Yah, it’s been fun watching him work tonight. I just think the Rays have a half decent plan with good drafting. Throw young pitchers in there and see who sticks.

I’ll admit I’m going back and forth between the game and True Grit.

• dirtyharry1971 - Jul 30, 2013 at 9:34 PM

yea but how does AA feel about workman? Give him a buzz pc and ask him and let us know will ya?

3. dlhouse18 - Jul 30, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Skaggs might be the prospect the Diamondbacks are dangling. It would make sense because he would be blocked by 5 starters. He’s basically major league ready and even has some experience too. Getting Skaggs would be a pretty significant move for the White Sox because there is ace potential in him from what I’ve read.

• madhatternalice - Jul 30, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I agree, but that seems like a bit of an overpay. Besides, you’re always one injury away from needing a callup. You’re probably right, though.

4. blackandbluedivision - Jul 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Not sure who #whitesox would get…

how about #screwed.

5. bender4700 - Jul 30, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Well the rumor was true, just the teams were way off. (outside of Chicago)

Three legends off to Cooperstown