Twins unveil 2014 All-Star game logo

Jul 30, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT

I can’t imagine anyone caring a whole lot about this and 24 hours before the trade deadline seems like particularly odd timing, but via Phil Miller of the Minneapolis Star Tribune here’s the 2014 All-Star game logo that the Twins unveiled today:

source:

Justin Morneau joined Joe Mauer and Glen Perkins for the unveiling ceremony at Target Field, which is interesting because it’s presumed the Twins are going to trade Morneau by tomorrow afternoon.

1. baseballici0us - Jul 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Meh! Meets was better. The orange on the MLB logo was pretty cool.

….Sorry Gleeman

• kopy - Jul 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM

This one works well as a stand alone patch, while the Mets one worked well as a logo (since it basically was the Mets logo with the words “All-Star Game” written instead). The orange was a nice touch, but then again the Twins and MLB logos have the same color scheme.

They all seem the same: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/481/_MLB_All-Star_Game/

2. jcmeyer10 - Jul 30, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I like it a lot. I think I may have to find an excuse to go to Target Field for this. Maybe I’ll check in on Grandma.

3. mybrunoblog - Jul 30, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Not bad. I’ve seen a lot worse as far as logos go. Would have been cool to see the TC logo in their somewhere but this one will do.

4. Conner012367 - Jul 30, 2013 at 3:54 PM

in my opinion its not the best logo, but its not the worst either

5. larrymahnken - Jul 30, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Is that a station wago with a kayak on top?

6. kopy - Jul 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I like it, but those clouds must be the largest storm front ever.

• mvp43 - Jul 30, 2013 at 4:16 PM

No problem, they can just close the roof if it rains……….. oh wait!

• kopy - Jul 30, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Minnesota gets less precipitation than the east coast so they don’t need a roof. I just thought the clouds looked dumb.

7. ndnut - Jul 30, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Don’t jinx it kopy!!!!!!

8. dink53 - Jul 30, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Timing is pure Minnesota trying not to call too much attention to themselves because that might be poor manners.

“Where the introverts look at their shoes and the extraverts look at your shoes.” – Tim Bedore

9. afrancis55 - Jul 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM

That thing under the skyline looks like the top of a bush plane

10. historiophiliac - Jul 30, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I kinda wish they’d gone more Jetsons on it. It’s TWENTY-FOURTEEN, for God’s sake. The robots!!!! Aaaaaaaghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

11. kalinedrive - Jul 30, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I think it sucks. It’s not the Twins All Star Game, it’s the MLB All Star Game. The placement of the Twins logo is not cool. In fact, it should say the city name, not the team name.

• afrancis55 - Jul 30, 2013 at 4:30 PM

The Mets allstar logo also had the Mets regular logo, along with Kansas City and many others so I’m not sure what you’re getting at

• historiophiliac - Jul 30, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I’d much rather the host team logo than the corporate name of the field.

• kalinedrive - Jul 30, 2013 at 6:03 PM

If you look at the primary logos from the link kopy provided, most of them incorporate something from the team logo but not the team name. The one that said Mets was an alternate logo. The primary one just had the bridge and skyline. Very few have the team name right above All Star Game, and if you want to be associated with the likes of the Indians, White Sox, and Phillies, well…

What I’m getting at is that I think it sucks. If I have to add a disclaimer saying that is just my opinion, I will.

12. arckln - Jul 30, 2013 at 4:32 PM

They should have used the Minnie and Paul shaking hands logo and made one of them American League and one National League.

13. El Bravo - Jul 30, 2013 at 4:36 PM

That is a shitty logo. That’s a fact, not an opinion.

14. spursareold - Jul 30, 2013 at 4:40 PM

“I can’t imagine anyone caring a whole lot about this and 24 hours before the trade deadline seems like particularly odd timing…”

Maybe they were in a rush to get Morneau into a photo op before he is moved?

15. beefytrout - Jul 30, 2013 at 4:46 PM

That’s pretty bland. As someone who designs logos for a living, there’s a fairly long list of things that aren’t working with that one.

16. chiadam - Jul 30, 2013 at 4:54 PM

nice picnic table.

17. @Cereal_22 - Jul 30, 2013 at 5:06 PM

They should put a pic of Chilly Willy on it

18. orcslayer69 - Jul 30, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Reminds me of the Giants logo from 2007. Same font and style

19. thebadguyswon - Jul 30, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Not bad at all.

Can Nationals run the playoff table?
  1. D. Jeter (3432)