Jul 30, 2013, 4:22 PM EST
Odds are the Brewers weren’t going to trade Yovani Gallardo, but whatever slim chance existed is probably gone after the right-hander left today’s start in the fifth inning with a hamstring injury.
Gallardo limped off the field in the middle of an at-bat versus Darwin Barney, exiting after 4.2 innings against the Cubs. He’s struggled all season, posting a career-high 4.91 ERA that includes allowing 24 runs in 30 innings this month.
For now the Brewers are calling it a “tight left hamstring” for Gallardo.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 15
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)