Jul 30, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
Odds are the Brewers weren’t going to trade Yovani Gallardo, but whatever slim chance existed is probably gone after the right-hander left today’s start in the fifth inning with a hamstring injury.
Gallardo limped off the field in the middle of an at-bat versus Darwin Barney, exiting after 4.2 innings against the Cubs. He’s struggled all season, posting a career-high 4.91 ERA that includes allowing 24 runs in 30 innings this month.
For now the Brewers are calling it a “tight left hamstring” for Gallardo.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)