Jul 30, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
Odds are the Brewers weren’t going to trade Yovani Gallardo, but whatever slim chance existed is probably gone after the right-hander left today’s start in the fifth inning with a hamstring injury.
Gallardo limped off the field in the middle of an at-bat versus Darwin Barney, exiting after 4.2 innings against the Cubs. He’s struggled all season, posting a career-high 4.91 ERA that includes allowing 24 runs in 30 innings this month.
For now the Brewers are calling it a “tight left hamstring” for Gallardo.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)