Jul 30, 2013, 4:22 PM EST
Odds are the Brewers weren’t going to trade Yovani Gallardo, but whatever slim chance existed is probably gone after the right-hander left today’s start in the fifth inning with a hamstring injury.
Gallardo limped off the field in the middle of an at-bat versus Darwin Barney, exiting after 4.2 innings against the Cubs. He’s struggled all season, posting a career-high 4.91 ERA that includes allowing 24 runs in 30 innings this month.
For now the Brewers are calling it a “tight left hamstring” for Gallardo.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 8
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 55
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 69
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)