Jul 30, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
Odds are the Brewers weren’t going to trade Yovani Gallardo, but whatever slim chance existed is probably gone after the right-hander left today’s start in the fifth inning with a hamstring injury.
Gallardo limped off the field in the middle of an at-bat versus Darwin Barney, exiting after 4.2 innings against the Cubs. He’s struggled all season, posting a career-high 4.91 ERA that includes allowing 24 runs in 30 innings this month.
For now the Brewers are calling it a “tight left hamstring” for Gallardo.
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 0
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 1
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 23
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)