Jul 31, 2013, 4:01 PM EST
4:20 p.m. EDT: Sadly, oh so very sadly, that last deal may have been Drew Butera from the Twins to the Dodgers for a player to be named.
4:15 p.m. EDT: Per ESPN.com’s Jayson Stark, there is still one more pre-deadline deal to be announced.
Yahoo! Sports’ Tim Brown and FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal both say there’s nothing going on with the Rangers with minutes before the deadline. Rosenthal adds that the Yankees have “nothing of consequence” in the works.
The Giants also seem to have killed talks with Javier Lopez by overplaying their hand and asking for too much. It looks like they’ll try to keep their expensive lefty tandem of Lopez and Jeremy Affeldt together for another year in 2014, but it’s going to take another multiyear deal for Lopez.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)