Jul 31, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
4:20 p.m. EDT: Sadly, oh so very sadly, that last deal may have been Drew Butera from the Twins to the Dodgers for a player to be named.
4:15 p.m. EDT: Per ESPN.com’s Jayson Stark, there is still one more pre-deadline deal to be announced.
Yahoo! Sports’ Tim Brown and FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal both say there’s nothing going on with the Rangers with minutes before the deadline. Rosenthal adds that the Yankees have “nothing of consequence” in the works.
The Giants also seem to have killed talks with Javier Lopez by overplaying their hand and asking for too much. It looks like they’ll try to keep their expensive lefty tandem of Lopez and Jeremy Affeldt together for another year in 2014, but it’s going to take another multiyear deal for Lopez.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)