Jul 31, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
4:20 p.m. EDT: Sadly, oh so very sadly, that last deal may have been Drew Butera from the Twins to the Dodgers for a player to be named.
4:15 p.m. EDT: Per ESPN.com’s Jayson Stark, there is still one more pre-deadline deal to be announced.
Yahoo! Sports’ Tim Brown and FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal both say there’s nothing going on with the Rangers with minutes before the deadline. Rosenthal adds that the Yankees have “nothing of consequence” in the works.
The Giants also seem to have killed talks with Javier Lopez by overplaying their hand and asking for too much. It looks like they’ll try to keep their expensive lefty tandem of Lopez and Jeremy Affeldt together for another year in 2014, but it’s going to take another multiyear deal for Lopez.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)