Jul 31, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
4:20 p.m. EDT: Sadly, oh so very sadly, that last deal may have been Drew Butera from the Twins to the Dodgers for a player to be named.
4:15 p.m. EDT: Per ESPN.com’s Jayson Stark, there is still one more pre-deadline deal to be announced.
Yahoo! Sports’ Tim Brown and FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal both say there’s nothing going on with the Rangers with minutes before the deadline. Rosenthal adds that the Yankees have “nothing of consequence” in the works.
The Giants also seem to have killed talks with Javier Lopez by overplaying their hand and asking for too much. It looks like they’ll try to keep their expensive lefty tandem of Lopez and Jeremy Affeldt together for another year in 2014, but it’s going to take another multiyear deal for Lopez.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 5
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 8
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 7
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)