Jul 31, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
4:20 p.m. EDT: Sadly, oh so very sadly, that last deal may have been Drew Butera from the Twins to the Dodgers for a player to be named.
4:15 p.m. EDT: Per ESPN.com’s Jayson Stark, there is still one more pre-deadline deal to be announced.
Yahoo! Sports’ Tim Brown and FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal both say there’s nothing going on with the Rangers with minutes before the deadline. Rosenthal adds that the Yankees have “nothing of consequence” in the works.
The Giants also seem to have killed talks with Javier Lopez by overplaying their hand and asking for too much. It looks like they’ll try to keep their expensive lefty tandem of Lopez and Jeremy Affeldt together for another year in 2014, but it’s going to take another multiyear deal for Lopez.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 19
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 20
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 65
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)