Jul 31, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
4:13 p.m. EDT update: According to Julia Morales of CSN Houston, Bedard simply needed an extra day or two between starts. No trade.
No injury was given as the reason, suggesting that Bedard has either been traded or that something is close. He won’t bring the same kind of return that the team was hoping to get for Bud Norris, but he can be a fringe five- and six-inning starter for a contender. Bedard is 3-8 with a 4.28 ERA and a 95/52 K/BB ratio in 103 innings this year. He’s allowed just four earned runs over 16 1/3 innings in his last three outings.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)