Jul 31, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
4:13 p.m. EDT update: According to Julia Morales of CSN Houston, Bedard simply needed an extra day or two between starts. No trade.
No injury was given as the reason, suggesting that Bedard has either been traded or that something is close. He won’t bring the same kind of return that the team was hoping to get for Bud Norris, but he can be a fringe five- and six-inning starter for a contender. Bedard is 3-8 with a 4.28 ERA and a 95/52 K/BB ratio in 103 innings this year. He’s allowed just four earned runs over 16 1/3 innings in his last three outings.
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 44
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)