Jul 31, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
4:13 p.m. EDT update: According to Julia Morales of CSN Houston, Bedard simply needed an extra day or two between starts. No trade.
No injury was given as the reason, suggesting that Bedard has either been traded or that something is close. He won’t bring the same kind of return that the team was hoping to get for Bud Norris, but he can be a fringe five- and six-inning starter for a contender. Bedard is 3-8 with a 4.28 ERA and a 95/52 K/BB ratio in 103 innings this year. He’s allowed just four earned runs over 16 1/3 innings in his last three outings.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)