Jul 31, 2013, 2:15 PM EST
4:13 p.m. EDT update: According to Julia Morales of CSN Houston, Bedard simply needed an extra day or two between starts. No trade.
No injury was given as the reason, suggesting that Bedard has either been traded or that something is close. He won’t bring the same kind of return that the team was hoping to get for Bud Norris, but he can be a fringe five- and six-inning starter for a contender. Bedard is 3-8 with a 4.28 ERA and a 95/52 K/BB ratio in 103 innings this year. He’s allowed just four earned runs over 16 1/3 innings in his last three outings.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)