Jul 31, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
As first reported by Danny Knobler of CBS Sports, new Orioles starter Bud Norris will make his debut on Thursday night against the team that just traded him, the Houston Astros. First pitch is scheduled for 6:05 p.m. ET at Baltimore’s Camden Yards.
Norris was dealt to the Orioles on Wednesday in exchange for outfield prospect L.J. Hoes, left-handed pitching prospect Josh Hader and a competitive balance pick in the 2014 MLB Amateur Draft.
The 28-year-old right-hander has a 3.93 ERA in 21 starts this season and he’s fanned 90 batters in 126 innings. He’s making a $3 million salary this year and is arbitration-eligible in both 2014 and 2015.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)