Jul 31, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
As first reported by Danny Knobler of CBS Sports, new Orioles starter Bud Norris will make his debut on Thursday night against the team that just traded him, the Houston Astros. First pitch is scheduled for 6:05 p.m. ET at Baltimore’s Camden Yards.
Norris was dealt to the Orioles on Wednesday in exchange for outfield prospect L.J. Hoes, left-handed pitching prospect Josh Hader and a competitive balance pick in the 2014 MLB Amateur Draft.
The 28-year-old right-hander has a 3.93 ERA in 21 starts this season and he’s fanned 90 batters in 126 innings. He’s making a $3 million salary this year and is arbitration-eligible in both 2014 and 2015.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 49
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)